Skip to content
Maple Thai Salmon & Maple Cucumber Salad Recipe
- Classic maple syrup brings out the best of Asian flavors in our Maple Thai Salmon & Maple Cucumber Salad.
For the salad
- 1 cup Grade A Amber Color, Rich Taste Syrup
- 1 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tbsp black and pink peppercorn
- 1 large English cucumber, sliced
- 1 smallred onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Thai basil leaves, torn & divided
For the salmon
- In a saucepan over medium heat, whisk maple syrup, water, salt and peppercorns. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and add the vinegar.
- Allow the mixture to cool and transfer liquid to an air tight glass jar.
- To the cooled mixture add cucumber, red onion and half the basil.
- Make sure the vegetables are submerged and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Season salmon filets with salt and pepper. Drizzle with olive oil.
- In a large skillet on high heat sear the salmon until crispy about 5 minutes.
- Turn the salmon over and lower the heat to medium low.
- Add the coconut milk, lime juice & remaining basil.
- Simmer the coconut milk for about 5 minutes. Serve with cucumber salad.